We hope you enjoy the site. If you have any comments or if your interested in commissioning or purchasing our work please
Sarah studied Fine Art and Photography at the Northern Virginia Community College
in the U.S.A. She graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1981. After living and working in
the U.S.A for several years she returned to England and worked as a Diagnostic
Radiographer in both England and Ireland. In 1996 she decided to pursue a career in
She attended the Architectural Stone Carving and Stone Masonry course at
Weymouth College in Dorset where she learnt all aspects of the stone masons craft
including lettercutting. Since 1998 she has worked as a self employed artist, fulfilling
commissions ranging from pure stone masonry through memorial stones and
lettercutting to sculpture. Recently, in collaboration with a local blacksmith she has
also developed a series of pieces combining steel and stone.
- Analemmatic sundial for Sturminster Marshall Parish Council, Dorset
- Various memorial plaques commissioned by Weymouth College Board of Governors
- Various unique and personal headstones for different clients in the south-west
- Sundial for Easington District Council's Turning the Tide landscaping project at Seaham County Durham
- Commissioned to produce a sundial for Yardley Hastings Council, Northampton
- Produced a carved slate raven and inscription for RSPB bird sanctuary on Ramsey Island, Wales
- Commissioned by Newquay Town Council , Cornwall to produce an analemmatic sundial in Delabole slate, richly carved and lettered to mark the millennium.
- Invited to participate in a sculpture exhibition at the National Trust property Trelissick House, sold to clients throughout the U.K.
- A number of carving and lettering commissions for private clients throughout the country.
- Provided carved stone work and lettering for Wild Cornwall area at the Eden Project botanical gardens in Cornwall
- Commissioned by Network 2000 and the Eden Project to design and cut an 18 metre long winding slate pathway with a poem by Anna Marie Murphy as a tribute to Margret Sandow for the Wild Cornwall Garden
- Commissioned by Kerrier District Council to produce five slate monoliths and three plaques reflecting the history and re-generation of Tuckingmill Valley Park, Pool, Cornwall
- Commissioned by Spinney Action Group and Kerrier District Council to provide carved sandstone and slate sculptures for Doorstep Green Project at the Spinney Camborne, Cornwall
- Recently commissioned by Kerrier district council to provide carved bench ends to reflect the medieval distinctiveness of an area of
Camborne Town centre
I am a self-taught sculptor who gave up computer programming eight years ago to take up sculpture full-time. To improve my stone carving techniques
I took the course in architectural stone carving, lettercutting and masonry at Weymouth College where I was trained by experienced carvers and
masons. I also carve wood and have fulfilled a number of commissions for carved benches as well as artwork. Recent work includes commissions
from Eden Project Cornwall, Newquay Town Council, Kerrier District Council and various local re-generation groups. This has involved close liaison
with local community groups and schools to produce designs for the completed works.
Produced carved sea life panels for the Kings Arms, Weymouth commissioned by Greenall's brewery,
- Sculpture of 'Father and Child' for presentation to councillor Dr Graham Gill of Stroud Gloucestershire
- Produced a series of Gothic gargoyle sculptures for Mr T Brogan of London
- Regularly showing pieces at Lemon Street Gallery, Truro an the National Trust gardens at Trelissick
- Invited by the Armenian government to attend a sculpture symposium to produce a work to be placed in a
sculpture park in the capital Yervan. Unfortunately cancelled due to lack of funds.
- Carved 12 stone panels and sculptures for the Wild Cornwall area of the Eden Project gardens in Cornwall.
- Carved a word conundrum town trail consisting of 14 lettered discs for Newquay town council re-generation committee.
- Commissioned by Kerrier District Council to produce five slate monoliths and three plaques reflecting the
history and re-generation of Tuckingmill Valley Park, Pool, Cornwall
- Commissioned by Spinney Action Group and Kerrier District Council to provide carved sandstone
sculptures and carved wooden benches and slate sculptures for Doorstep Green Project at the Spinney
- Commissioned to carve sculpted wooden bench derived from designs provided by workshops with the
pupils at Pool school
- Commissioned to provide carved stone benches and carved wooden gates for Camborne town centre.
- Currently producing 3 carved slate monoliths with Celtic symbols and local wildlife for new Cornwall County Council nature reserve at Gwithian.
- Recently commissioned by Eden Project to provide 2m high wooden pineapple at main entrance.
Move cursor over menu to halt show click on image to enlarge